Florida’s fourth game and second home game of the 2020 college football season is happening tonight, on Halloween, against Missouri. If you don’t get the SEC Network Alternate channel — and, let’s be real, you probably don’t — you’ll be watching this one via a WatchESPN stream.
And if that all wasn’t weird enough, Florida’s COVID-19 outbreak is seemingly going to keep a slew of defensive backs off the field for the Gators, with starters Shawn Davis, Donovan Stiner, and Marco Wilson leading a contingent of 14 players reportedly sidelined for the game that was pushed back a week by dozens of positive tests in Florida’s program.
So, down three starters at one level, a Florida defense that has looked defenseless at times this year will face a Missouri team that torched LSU for 45 points ... and failed to score more than 20 points in its other three outings. And Missouri is down to just 64 scholarship players — but not because of the novel coronavirus.
If you have a firm grasp on how this game will go, you’re lying to yourself.
Naturally, here are 25 predictions for Florida’s game against Missouri.
- Florida will score first.
- Missouri will score a touchdown in the first quarter.
- Kyle Trask will complete a pass to Kyle Pitts in the first quarter.
- Trask will complete multiple passes of more than 40 yards.
- Trask will throw for more than 300 yards.
- Florida will have at least two receivers make five or more catches.
- Dameon Pierce will lead Florida running backs in touches.
- Kadarius Toney will have at least seven touches.
- Toney will have at least two non-reception touches.
- Emory Jones will take fewer than five snaps before garbage time.
- Florida’s offense will commit at least one turnover.
- Florida’s defense will force a three-and-out in the first quarter.
- Florida will give up at least 14 points in the first half.
- Ventrell Miller will lead Florida in tackles.
- Florida will record at least three sacks.
- Florida will allow at least one pass play of more than 50 yards.
- A Florida defensive back will record an interception.
- Larry Rountree will rush for more than 100 yards.
- Florida will force more than one turnover.
- Florida will have a positive turnover margin.
- Florida will not make a meaningful special teams play.
- Florida will score at least 38 points.
- Florida will allow at least 30 points.
- Florida will trail in the second half.
- Florida will defeat Missouri, 45-31.