Well, we’re getting something we want in Jacksonville. And we’re sure to learn soon whether the Gators are on par with the presumptive best team in the country — or anywhere close.
I have to think, though, that my alma mater and many of yours doing something reprehensible is probably going to overshadow even this titanic game for some — or many. So I apologize if my heart isn’t really in covering this one.
Here are 10 predictions for Florida’s game against Georgia.
- Anthony Richardson will account for at least 200 yards of total offense.
- Anthony Richardson will throw 20 or more passes.
- Florida will gain at least 100 rushing yards.
- Florida will score more than 14 points.
- Jacob Copeland will lead Florida in catches.
- Florida’s defense will force a turnover.
- Florida will allow fewer than 40 points.
- Florida’s defense will not allow more than 6.0 yards per play.
- The game will be within one possession for at least some portion of the fourth quarter.
- Georgia will defeat Florida, 31-24.