Long-time readers will know that, for years, I’ve tried to make 25 predictions for each Florida Gators game each fall — often failing to follow through with either following-up on the predictions week-by-week or posting them as the seasons wore on.
I want to keep making those predictions, but I recognize that I need to be smarter about them. So, this year, I’m cutting things down dramatically to just 10 predictions per game — and 10 more, in this post, about the season.
Let’s get started:
- Florida will win nine or more regular season games.
- Emory Jones will account for more than 3,500 combined passing and rushing yards, and more than 30 touchdowns.
- Florida’s leading rusher by rushing yards will not lead the Gators in yards per attempt.
- Florida’s leading receiver will top 900 receiving yards.
- No Florida receiver will have more catches in 2021 than the 70 Kadarius Toney had in 2020.
- Florida’s defense will post at least one shutout this year.
- Zachary Carter, Gervon Dexter, and Brenton Cox, Jr. will combine for at least 12 sacks.
- Avery Helm will not make 12 starts in Florida’s secondary.
- A player on Florida’s defense who was not a Gator in 2020 will have at least seven combined sacks, tackles for loss, and interceptions.
- Florida will not make the SEC Championship Game.